A question that keeps coming up with our Creators, is how to change up the Google+ Page that’s linked to your YouTube account – particularly switching a personal profile with a business page.
So to start off, here are the key differences between each:
Google+ Profile: Representing individuals, your profile identity is used across all Google services, so you’ll have a consistent name across YouTube and all of Google.
Google+ Page: Used to represent your brand or business, your page is separate from your profile identity, so you can use a different name on your page and your channel than you do on other Google services.
For a lot of partners, we recommend you set-up a proper Business Google+ Page as you look to build your personal brand online.
Now, in order to switch from a Google+ Profile to a Google+ Page as a link on your YouTube profile, you’ll need to follow these step:
Process for Signing Up Your Google+ Page with Your YouTube Channel:
- Log Into YouTube
- Click the top right corner icon
- Click “Change” – this will take you to Google+
- Mouse over to the left drop-down menu where it says “Profile”
- Select “Pages”
- Follow the prompts to create a business page for your brand or channel.
- Log back in to YouTube.
- Click the Top right corner icon.
- Click the cogwheel icon where it says “YouTube Settings” this time.
- Select “Advanced” under your main info in the center of the page
- Click the option that says “Move channel to different Google+ profile or page”
- Follow the instructions to connect the channel to your newly created Google+ page.
You should now have the ability to add managers via Google+ once this process is complete. To do so:
- Go to Google+ (Follow steps 1-4 above)
- Select “Settings”
- One of the options there will be “Managers” in the top middle.
- Add the email(s) of who you’d like to manage your page.
Got a question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
And be sure to check out all our Creator Tips for your channel!