Adding effects to your videos can improve how they are received by your subscribers, but sometimes achieving the effect you envisioned is a challenging task! Blurring objects in your videos has been a possibility for a while, but when the object/person in question isn’t perfectly still, using this effect has been difficult to say the least.
However, YouTube recently made custom blurring available for creators to do just that. You can now blur an object, such as a license plate, or a person as they move.
Here’s how you can use this feature:
Click the Blurring effects tab > Custom blurring > Edit to blur objects or people as they move in your video.
Click and drag a box over whatever you want to blur. The tool will automatically blur the object as it moves. You can also:
- Move the blurred box to a different place: Click and drag within the box.
- Resize the blurred area: Click and drag any corner of the box to blur a bigger or smaller area.
- Change when the blurring happens: Click and drag the ends of the timeline to set when the blurring begins and ends.
- Prevent the blurred area from moving at all: Click “Lock” in the timeline to make sure the blurred area always stays in the same place.
- Blur multiple areas: Click and drag new boxes over the parts you want to blur.
Are you a BBTV Creator but not subscribed to our mailing list? Be the first to know about exciting updates and more! Sign up here!
Interested in joining up with BBTV and becoming a part of the world’s largest community of content creators? Join ranks with some of the biggest and best, and find out how we work to cross-promote and grow your YouTube views through our exclusive VISO Catalyst technology. Click below for more on what YouTube Network Partnership with BBTV could mean for your channel.