Don’t judge a book by its cover, right? Well on YouTube, more often than not, this isn’t the case. Viewers are going to take one look at your channel and make a snap decision on whether they want to continue viewing. You’ve got to put your best foot forward from the get-go, which is why it’s so important to build the perfect homepage.
There are three steps to follow here:
The Browse view of your channel allows viewers to see the customized content (i.e. Channel Trailer and Sections) you’re displaying.
Activate Your Channel Trailer:
The Channel Trailer is available to channels with the Browse view enabled. To edit, visit your channel and click on where it says Channel Trailer to choose your upload by thumbnail or by entering your video’s URL.
When you create your Channel Trailer keep in mind:
- Viewers may not have heard of you before clicking
- Keep it short and direct
- Hook your viewers instantly
- Show, don’t tell what your channel represents
- Be explicit in your CTA to subscribe and with annotations
Create Channel Sections
Channel sections are a great way to organize and promote content you create. You can add up to ten sections on your channel home tab. Sections can be created from a single existing playlist, a group of playlists, or a group of channels.
To create a Section:
- Click the add a section button located towards the bottom of your channel home tab
- In the “Content” drop down you can select the type of content you want to appear in your section
- In the “Layout” drop down you can choose to have the section displayed as a horizontal row or vertical list
Once you’ve covered your bases here, you’ll give viewers the optimal experience when they find themselves on your channel homepage!
Interested in joining up with BBTV and becoming a part of our thriving community full of talented creators? Join ranks with some of the best, and find out how we work to cross-promote and grow your followings through our exclusive VISO Catalyst technology! Click below for more on what YouTube Network Partnership with BBTV could mean for your channel.